Sunday 24 June 2012

This isn't music-related, but this week I got elected onto the Liberal Youth International Committee. This rocks. Liberal Youth is the youth and student wing of the Liberal Democrats and the International Committee deals with international issues,  international policy and works with young liberals around the world. Term starts on July 1st for a year and I am really looking forward to getting started. Shameless plug but if you're young and in the UK you should think about joining us.

In music news I've come up with the 100th name for my ukulele mixtape/album but this time I think it's a keeper so I'm not going to disclose it just yet. Coming up with a name is like writing lyrics - you want something memorable, unique but not at all pretentious. Recording is not happening as quickly as I had hoped and this is because I had forgotten that I still have to be at school full-time. I don't mind school but it is an energy and time suck. What would I rather be doing; a maths project or writing music? What must I do in order to actually get into a university next year? Maths. Thank God for philosophy. Awesome subject - study it if you get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment