Wednesday 13 June 2012

My Studio Is So Pro

Slowly my studio is coming together! My house is really small so I've had to set up in the utility room (and then disassemble the kit and pack away after each session because it gets really warm in there because of large windows and a glass roof and I don't want my electronics getting fried). The acoustics aren't as bad as they look.
It's not ideal but there are many musicians out there who can't afford any gear or even instruments so I'm one of the lucky ones. One of my ambitions after I get everything set up and an EP recorded is to encourage small-time artists in the area who have no access to recording equipment to use mine and let me be their sound engineer (non-profit of course). I don't think it'll work for bands since I have no drum mics and can only record two channels so far, but for a singer-songwriter it'll be perfect. Watch this space and email me (address at the side) if you're interested in knowing more.

Cubase is still not co-operating and tying to read instructions and follow tutorials on my computer is not working for my concentration, so I think I'm gonna have to invest in a little one-on-one tuition  in using it. A recording studio near me hat my old percussion teachers runs offers this, so I think I'll look into doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment