Saturday 28 July 2012

Something More Than Strangers

Summer break has now arrived and I'm working on some of my old ukulele tracks that I never finished before, but always meant to. Should be getting my new uke this week so hopefully will start recording an upbeat song a wrote the other day called 'Maybe Not Me', which (in my head) sounds strong enough to be an album/EP opener.

Talking of the album/EP, here's the name I think will be a keeper. Something More Than Strangers - sums up so many relationships you have in life, whether you want them or not. I guess some of the songs I've written more recently are influenced by most of the people I'm used to seeing every day leaving school and moving on to university and such, and I'm not specifically friends with a lot of them but we are something more than strangers, so it seems like a pertinent title. That's not the official artwork or anything, I've just been a bit obsessed with designing basic pop art recently.



P.S. I now have a few demos that I'm not ashamed of, so if you fancy a listen drop me a line at Ab.Brightman@live.co.uk or tweet @AbBrightman.

No comments:

Post a Comment